GP&L is participating in Go Green Garland Earth Week! Check out these activities and resources to learn about renewable energy, electricity safety, energy conservation and more.
Hands-on activities & experiments:
- Experiment with static electricity by making this fun butterfly craft.
- Get creative with print-out coloring sheets! Learn about renewable energy sources and electricity safety.
- DIY sun catchers are a fun and easy way to see how sunlight brightens our homes!
- Build a circuit, make water bend, “magically” separate salt from pepper and more with these electricity experiments for kids and teens.
- Build your own hydropower generator with materials you have at home!
- Looking for ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency? GP&L provides tips for saving energy and money in this video series.
- See how GP&L restores your power following an outage.
- Watch a video to learn about the benefits of LED light bulbs.
- Learn about the benefits of renewable energy in this video from National Geographic.
Online games & resources:
- Become a renewable energy expert with games, activities and resources from NASA.
- Learn about staying safe around electricity with these online games and cartoons.
- ¡Ahorre energía y dinero! Estos vídeos de GP&L le pueden ayudar a reducir la electricidad que utiliza en el hogar.
- Juegos y dibujos animados sobre seguridad eléctrica.
Follow @GoGreenGarland on Twitter for more ways to save energy, conserve water, prevent pollution and recycle.