Electric Meter Base Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

meter boxBecause the meter base belongs to the homeowner, GP&L cannot make repairs or connect power to a damaged meter base. If your meter base has been damaged, you will need to take the following steps before GP&L can reconnect your electric service:

  1. Hire a licensed electrician to make the repairs.

  2. Obtain a permit for the electrical repair from the City of Garland Building Inspection Department at 800 Main St.

  3. You or your electrician may obtain a new meter base from the City of Garland Warehouse at 1720 Commerce St. Please bring a copy of the permit.

  4. Once repairs are complete, you or your electrician must contact Building Inspection at 972-205-2301 or 972-205-2303 to schedule an inspection.

Building Inspection will notify GP&L when work is complete (green tagged) and electric service can be reconnected.

For service after 5 p.m. or on weekends, call the GP&L emergency outage line at 972-205-3000.