Save Energy With Winter Tips
Post Date:01/29/2020 3:04 p.m.
These energy-saving tips can help you save money on your utility bill this winter.
- Keep cold air out by sealing air leaks around doors and windows with weather stripping or caulking.
- Keep your thermostat set to 68° while you’re home, and then lower it a few more degrees when leaving the house.
- Clean or replace filters for your air system at least once a month. Dirty filters will make your system work harder and run longer than necessary.
- Make sure you have adequate attic insulation. Because heat rises, as much as 60% of heat can be lost in poorly insulated homes during winter.
- If you’re planning home weatherization projects such as adding insulation or replacing weather stripping, GP&L’s EnergySaver Program may help offset the cost with bill credits.