Funding for all programs within the EnergySaver Program has been depleted for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Please check back Oct. 1, 2018 for 2018-2019 EnergySaver Program funding information.
As a GP&L customer, you can save money by improving your home’s energy efficiency!
By participating in the EnergySaver Program, you can reduce your energy consumption, save money on your monthly utility bill, and receive a generous utility bill credit for qualifying energy efficiency upgrades.*
Before starting any energy efficiency project, please open the appropriate application file below and carefully read the full program requirements.
*Effective April 2, 2018, customer bill credits for participation in the Central A/C & Heat Pump, Window Unit A/C, Wholehouse Weatherization and Commercial Lighting programs have been discontinued due to depletion of funds.
Apply for 2017-2018 EnergySaver Program bill credits:
- Central Air Conditioning & Heat Pump Program Application*– For central A/C or heat pumps at least 16.0 SEER & 12.0 EER
- Window Unit Air Conditioning Program Application* – For ENERGY STAR® rated window A/C units
- Wholehouse Weatherization Program Application* – For any one or a combination of the following:
- Ceiling insulation (existing and new insulation must be at least R-30)
- ENERGY STAR® windows/doors
- Window solar screens or film
- Duct replacement
- Duct sealing
- Weatherization (weather-stripping of doors, caulking windows, sealing plumbing penetrations)
- Commercial Lighting Program Application* – For commercial customers that install high efficiency lighting
- Solar Generation Program – Effective Jan. 24, 2018, customer bill credits have been discontinued due to depletion of funds.
- All customers planning to install photovoltaic panels must still meet GP&L's Installation Requirements. This helps ensure the safety of the linemen who work on our electric system.
Please read and follow the requirements carefully to ensure successful participation in these programs.
Program ends September 30, 2018 or when program funds are depleted, whichever comes first.
Contact our Energy Advisor at 972-205-2929 or email@example.com.
Other Ways to Save Energy & Money
- Check out our energy conservation tips for ways to save energy and money without making home improvements.
- GP&L offers free home energy audits to customers to determine ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
*The credit recipient must be a GP&L customer. Applications must be completed and submitted to GP&L within 30 days of installation. The credit will be directly applied to your GP&L account. Bill credits are available on a first come, first served basis until funding is depleted or until September 30, 2018, whichever comes first. No credits will be issued for applications received after September 30, 2018. Applications are subject to verification. If the verification cannot be completed, the credit will not be paid. Customers must have their upgrades installed by a licensed, qualified contractor. The unit must be placed in service in the GP&L service area. Removed equipment cannot be reused in the GP&L service territory. Existing homes and businesses only. Five (5) ton limitation per unit.