GP&L provides free home energy audits to customers. Call 972-205-2671 to schedule an energy audit.
An energy audit can be the first step to reducing your utility costs! GP&L’s specially trained professional auditor will conduct a walk-through inspection of your home or business to identify specific energy and cost-saving measures.
The audit includes evaluation of the following:
- Air conditioning and heating systems
- Insulation and ventilation
- Identification of air leakage problems
- Operation and condition of lighting, water heating and other appliances
- Analysis of energy and water consumption patterns
- Explanation of your utility bill and meter readings
Once the evaluation is complete, you'll receive a detailed list of recommendations showing you what steps can be taken to reduce your energy costs, along with a cost/benefit analysis of the recommendations.
Other Ways to Save Energy & Money
- GP&L’s EnergySaver Program offers bill credits to customers who make qualifying energy efficiency upgrades to their homes or businesses.
- Check out our energy conservation tips for ways to save energy and money without making home improvements.
- GP&L’s free Energy Depot for Homes and Energy Depot for Business provide tools to help customers lower their energy use.