We know reliable electric service is important to our customers, and we make every effort to prevent power outages. However, events beyond our control, such as severe weather conditions, can sometimes cause outages.
Here are some things you can do to prepare for an outage:
- Be ready to report your power outage to GP&L. Call 972-205-3000, or text OUT to 972-205-4000. Learn more.
- Protect your electronics from power surges with a surge protector or by unplugging them. Learn more.
- If uninterrupted power is essential to your home or business, consider having a backup source of power, such as a generator.
- Register with CodeRed, the City of Garland’s telephone notification system. During an emergency or severe weather, CodeRed will provide a prerecorded message or text about the specific situation and any action that is necessary.
- In case of extended outages or other emergencies, it is a good idea to have a “go kit” with necessary supplies and an emergency plan for all members of your household. Learn more.
Life Support Customers
If you or someone in your home depends on electricity for medical equipment, it is important to have a backup plan in case of a power outage.
- Have an alternate power source, such as a generator or battery backup.
- Be familiar with how long your alternate power sources can provide power.
- Have a backup plan to stay with a friend or relative if you lose power for an extended time.
- Speak with your doctor about staying at a medical facility if you lose power for an extended time.