Customer Service Overview
Customer Service provides account related services for City of Garland utility customers, which includes the opening and closing of utility accounts.
Customer Service also provides meter reading, billing and collection services for all city utilities. These utilities include Garland Power & Light, Garland Water Utilities, Environmental Waste Services and Stormwater Management. This does not include natural gas service, which is provided by Atmos Energy.
Two Downtown Garland Customer Service locations are available for City of Garland utility customers. Please visit the location which will best serve your needs, or you may contact us at 972-205-2671.
Charles E. Duckworth Utility Services Building
Walk-in payments and customer account assistance
217 N. Fifth St. (across from City Hall)
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Garland Utility Payment Drive Thru and Drop Box
717 W. State St. (at the corner of State and Glenbrook)
Drive-Thru Payment Window Hours: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday
Drop Box is located in the far left lane of the Drive Thru
Main Phone Numbers
- Customer Service – 972-205-2671 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday)
- Utility Reconnect Services After Hours – 972-205-2671 (5 - 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday, 5 - 6:30 p.m. Friday, closed Saturday & Sunday)
- TDD Hearing Impaired – 972-205-2670
- Emergency Power Outage – 972-205-3000 (24 Hours)
- Streetlight Outage – 972-205-3483
- Emergency Water Shutoffs – 972-205-3210 (24 Hours)
We are closed Saturdays, Sundays and major holidays.