Garland Power & Light – Powering Garland for 95 Years
On April 1, 2018, Garland Power & Light proudly marked 95 years of providing electric service to Garland homes and businesses.
In 1923, GP&L was established as the City’s municipal electric utility and began serving its first 300 customers. Now with more than 69,000 customers, GP&L continues to bring value to the Garland community.
• GP&L’s electric service reliability scores beat national averages.
• Local crews respond quickly when outages occur.
• Electric rates are competitive and stable.
• A portion of GP&L’s revenues is returned to the City’s General Fund to support municipal services.
• GP&L helps to beautify Garland by distributing trees at the annual Tree Power Free Tree Giveaway.